History & Dedication
Our bank has been serving our customers from the same location in downtown Iowa Falls since the Citizens State Bank was chartered in April of 1935. In 1986, a local businessman and entrepreneur named Merle R. “Rocky” Weaver purchased the bank and renamed it Green Belt Bank & Trust. The bank name is descriptive of the Iowa River greenbelt, a beautiful stretch of native timber and limestone outcroppings along the Iowa River in Hardin County. Since 1986, the bank has grown year on year and has added an insurance agency, a Real Estate Agency and new bank offices in Ackley, Grundy Center, and Eldora. Also added are convenience locations at the Ashbrook Assisted Living Center in Iowa Falls and Grand JiVante' in Ackley. Throughout the years, the bank has never lost sight of its mission: to be recognized by our customers, employees, shareholders and the communities we serve as a leader in our industry by providing a useful array of financial tools and a level of service that exceeds expectations.
The friends and family of Green Belt Bank & Trust are proud to dedicate this site to the memory of the late Merle “Rocky” Weaver, and his late wife Christie. Rocky and Christie were people who had a tremendous love for the community, its people and the rich natural resources of the Iowa River Greenbelt Region.
In 1986, Rocky purchased Citizens State Bank and renamed it Green Belt Bank & Trust. Over the years, the directors and staff of Green Belt Bank & Trust have been faithful to Rocky's original vision of helping our customers reach their financial goals by providing quality banking products and services.